FACE LIFT HOUSTON
In time, gravity, sun exposure, and the stresses of daily life take their toll on our faces and necks. Deep creases appear beside the mouth, the jaw line slackens and becomes jowly, and the neck develops loose folds and fat deposits. Face lifts counteract these signs of aging by tightening muscle, removing fat, and trimming excess skin, giving your face a fresher, youthful look. After surgery, some patients look 10-15 years younger.
What can a face lift do for me?
Rhytidectomies, also known as face lifts, are surgical procedures designed to rejuvenate and enhance the mid- to lower face and neck by removing wrinkles and restoring a more youthful appearance. This transformative procedure is particularly effective for patients seeking correction in various areas, including:
1. Midface Sagging: Face lifts are highly effective in addressing sagging skin and tissue in the middle portion of the face, resulting in a more lifted and youthful appearance.
2. Deep Creases Under the Eyes: Individuals with deep creases beneath their eyes can expect significant improvement through face lifts, as the procedure helps to smooth out and reduce the appearance of these lines.
3. Nasolabial Folds: By targeting deep creases that extend from the nose to the corners of the mouth, commonly known as nasolabial folds, face lifts can effectively diminish their prominence and contribute to a more rejuvenated facial aesthetic.
4. Jowls Due to Muscle Tone Loss: Loss of muscle tone in the face can lead to the development of jowls. Face lifts address this concern by tightening and redefining the jawline, resulting in a more defined and youthful facial contour.
5. Sagging Fat Deposits: Certain areas of the face may experience sagging due to the accumulation of fat. Face lifts address these concerns by lifting and repositioning the fat deposits, restoring a more balanced and youthful facial appearance.
6. Loose Skin and Fat Under the Chin and Jaw: Face lifts provide a comprehensive solution for individuals with loose skin and excess fat beneath the chin and along the jawline. By addressing these areas, the procedure helps to create a more sculpted and defined facial profile.
Through the targeted correction of these specific areas, face lifts offer patients a remarkable opportunity to achieve a natural and rejuvenated facial appearance. With the expertise of a skilled surgeon, individuals can enjoy the transformative benefits of this procedure and regain their confidence in their overall facial aesthetic.
Face Lift Intended Results
A more rested and youthful contour to the face and neck.
What won’t a face lift correct?
Face lifts are highly effective in addressing the mentioned issues and can bring about a remarkable transformation in a patient's appearance. However, it is important to understand that while face lifts can provide impressive results, they cannot completely halt the natural aging process. Over time, signs of aging may gradually resurface.
Moreover, it is important to note that face lifts primarily focus on rejuvenating the lower face and neck, and they do not comprehensively address concerns related to the brow, eyelids, nose, and certain areas of the midface. To achieve comprehensive facial rejuvenation, patients considering improvement in those specific areas may benefit from combining a face lift with procedures like a brow lift or eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty).
To further enhance the outcome of a face lift, patients have the option to explore additional procedures such as injectable soft-tissue fillers, facial implants, and skin resurfacing techniques. These supplementary interventions can synergistically enhance the effects of a face lift, resulting in a more harmonious and rejuvenated appearance.
Am I a good candidate for a face lift?
If you have experienced a loss of skin elasticity and muscle tone of the face and neck.
If you have the appearance of jowls and deep creases between the base of the nose and the corners of the mouth.
If you have developed facial and neck wrinkles.
If you believe you lack youthful chin and neck contours.
If you think you have a tired facial appearance
The best candidates for rhytidectomy:
Wish to improve one or more of the signs of aging indicated above
Are men or women whose faces have begun to sag, but whose skin still has some elasticity
Are generally healthy
Do not smoke
Have realistic expectations
Are considering a face lift for personal reasons, not because someone else is pressuring them to do so
How is a rhytidectomy performed?
Experience the transformative power of a face lift, a highly sought-after cosmetic procedure that can rejuvenate your appearance and restore your confidence. With advancements in medical technology and techniques, the face lift procedure has evolved to offer even better results and a more convincing outcome.
One of the key advantages of a face lift is its versatility in terms of where it can be performed. Whether you prefer the comfort and convenience of an office-based facility, the specialized environment of a surgery center, or the comprehensive care of a hospital, you have the freedom to choose the setting that best suits your needs and preferences.
During the procedure, you can rest assured knowing that your comfort is a top priority. You have the option to receive either intravenous (IV) sedation or general anesthesia, allowing you to experience the procedure in a relaxed and pain-free state. The skilled medical team will ensure that you are at ease throughout the entire process.
The duration of a face lift procedure is typically around 5 hours depending on the severity of the facial aging. This means that you can achieve remarkable results in a relatively brief amount of time. However, it's important to note that the specific technique used can vary depending on factors such as your unique facial structure, desired level of correction, and the expertise of the surgeon.
There are three common incision techniques employed by skilled surgeons:
1. Traditional face lift: This comprehensive approach addresses rejuvenation of the entire face, including the jowls and neck. By skillfully sculpting fat, lifting and repositioning muscles and deeper tissues, and expertly trimming and redraping the skin, this technique delivers outstanding results. The incision is strategically placed to minimize visibility, starting at the temples and extending down to the front of the ear, encircling the earlobe, and continuing behind the ear to the lower scalp. In some cases, an additional incision may be made under the chin for enhanced results.
2. Limited-incision face lift: If you are seeking targeted rejuvenation around the eyes and mouth, this technique is ideal. It effectively addresses nasolabial folds and deep creases. By creating shorter incisions at the temples, around the ear, and potentially in the lower eyelids and/or under the upper lip, skilled surgeons minimize any noticeable scarring, ensuring a natural and convincing outcome.
3. Neck lift: This technique specifically targets jowls, loose neck skin, and excess fat under the chin. The incision discreetly follows the natural contours of the earlobe and extends behind the ear to the lower scalp. By carefully placing the incision, the surgeon ensures that any resulting scars remain inconspicuous, allowing for a seamless and convincing transformation.
No matter which technique is utilized, skilled surgeons take great care in closing the incisions with meticulous precision. They use stitches or tissue glue to promote optimal healing and minimize scarring. The resulting scars are strategically hidden within the hairline and natural contours of the face, ensuring that your rejuvenated appearance appears entirely natural and without any visible signs of intervention.
Dr. Emmanuel De La Cruz, a highly trained and experienced surgeon, has received extensive training from renowned experts in the field. Learning the Deep-plane facelift technique from Dr. Andrew Jacono and the Vertical facelift technique from Dr. Renato Calabria, Dr. De La Cruz brings a wealth of knowledge and expertise to his practice. With his skill and expertise, you can trust that you will receive the highest level of care and the most effective results.
Embrace the opportunity to enhance your appearance and regain your youthful vitality with a face lift procedure. With its outpatient nature, varied anesthesia options, and diverse incision techniques, a face lift offers you the chance to achieve your desired rejuvenation goals while minimizing disruption to your daily life. Trust in the expertise of skilled surgeons like Dr. Emmanuel De La Cruz to provide a safe and transformative experience that will leave you looking and feeling more confident and convincing than ever before.
Are there different techniques to perform a face lift?
There are several face lift procedures, and each one has its advantages and disadvantages. Dr. De La Cruz will decide with you the face lift procedure that would produce a rested and more youthful face. The face lift procedures that Dr. De La Cruz performs are:
MACS Face lift
3D Volumetric Face lift with fat transfer
High SMAS or Deep Plane Face lift
What is the recovery from a face lift like?
After your rhytidectomy, your plastic surgeon will wrap the incisions in bandages and may place drainage tubes in the area. The tubes will be taken out the next day, when your hair will be carefully washed. If surgical clips are used to hold the incisions closed, they will be removed one week after the face lift along with your stitches.
At first, you may experience swelling, numbness, bruising, and a feeling of tightness or tension in the face and neck. Your face may look uneven or distorted, and your facial muscles may feel stiff. Most of these usually resolve within 3-6 weeks, and sensation typically returns to normal within a few months. Scars become less red, raised, lumpy or itchy in time.
Many patients return to work by the third week. Camouflage cosmetics can be used to minimize the appearance of bruising.
You should be gentle with your skin and hair as you recover. Men may need to shave behind the neck and ears where areas of beard-growing skin have moved.
How long do the effects of a face lift last?
Although the results of a face lift are not permanent, they can still have a long-lasting impact on your appearance. It's important to note that as we age, our skin naturally continues to change and sag over time. While a face lift can effectively address signs of aging, such as wrinkles and sagging skin, it cannot stop the aging process altogether. However, undergoing a face lift can still provide several years of improvement compared to if you had never had the procedure.
The longevity of your face lift results can vary depending on various factors, including your individual genetics, lifestyle choices, and skincare routine. While some individuals may enjoy the benefits of their face lift for five to ten years, others may require a touch-up procedure earlier or later. It's crucial to have realistic expectations and understand that a face lift is not a permanent solution.
Nevertheless, even as time passes and your face naturally continues to age, the effects of your face lift will still be visible. Your face will continue to look better than if you had never undergone the procedure, as the initial corrections made during the face lift will still have a positive impact on your appearance. This means that even years later, you will likely have fewer wrinkles, less sagging skin, and a more youthful overall look compared to your pre-face lift state.
To maintain and prolong the results of your face lift, it is essential to follow a healthy lifestyle and maintain a consistent skincare routine. Protecting your skin from excessive sun exposure, staying hydrated, eating a balanced diet, and using quality skincare products can all contribute to healthier and more resilient skin.
Ultimately, while a face lift may not result in permanent effects, it can still provide a significant and enduring improvement to your facial appearance. By understanding the limitations and managing your expectations, you can make an informed decision about whether a face lift is the right choice for you. Consult with a skilled and experienced surgeon to discuss your goals, assess your individual situation, and determine the best course of action to achieve the results you desire.
What are the risks of rhytidectomy?
Possible complications of face lift include: bleeding, infection, bruising, uneven swelling or discoloration, allergic reaction to the anesthesia, skin blistering (usually only seen in smokers), and temporary or permanent loss of sensation in the face. Dr. De La Cruz will discuss the risks and benefits of a face lift with you before your surgery. Dr. De La Cruz will also discuss with you which technique would be best suited to your goals and would give the best possible outcome that would give a more rested and youthful face.
» Schedule your Face Lift Consultation with Dr. De La Cruz today by calling 832.776.1134